12.27.2009

Better than Ice Cream!

Nana & Papa are here for the Holiday!!

Ironically, just as Tom and I were catching a poorly-timed cold, Nana & Papa were catching a flight down to Charleston to spend Christmas with us in our 70 degree Winter Wonderland. By the time they arrived, Tom was feeling a little better and I had lost my voice completely. Sydney was just getting used to me clicking, whispering, and (unfortunately) snapping at her - and her new favorite phrase was "Mommy, You Speak LOUDER!" so she was even MORE excited than normal to see (and hear) Nana & Papa - as was I! (read NAPTIME for Mommy)
For those of you who don't know, Nana is recovering from some scheduled surgery on her foot and is hobbling on crutches, so she was being chauffered by my father through the airport - Sydney was more than happy to take over...

Walking out of the airport, Nana was laughing hysterically at the site of us in the crosswalk - Sick Pregnant Woman pushing Grandmother holding Toddler in wheelchair while carrying crutches. "We would be at least a thousand points!" she burst out laughing. You can see where I get my sense of humor from.

But regardless of any of our setbacks, we had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed lots of laughs (and naps) and plenty of Christmas fun!
CLICK HERE to see more photos of our week.

No comments: