6.06.2012

here we go again

It's that time again! You've heard it before and I'll say it again. I can't believe it's been So long since I posted and I Swear I'll be better this time around and blah blah blah...
But this time I have the ultimate excuse - a new baby!
On May 25th at 10:48 AM we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our family. Penelope Marie weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was born quickly, just in time for the holiday weekend! My most civilized labor & delivery yet. So far we've been laying low and getting used to being a family of five. Nana has been staying with us to help out and the kids now wake up and instinctively ask, "NANA?!"
Yesterday I had to break the news that no, Nana had in fact gone home for a couple days, Tom was back to work, and I was on my own with all three for the day. There was a lot of crying, a little puking, and I even got a rock to the head - all before lunchtime. But I made it through the day, somehow.
So while I can't honestly promise I'll have free time to post lengthy commentaries on the joys of motherhood or the ins and outs of our daily lives, I Can promise a photo here and there or a quick update from any of our exciting outings. Just be prepared that "exciting" for us could mean a walk to the mailbox... or feeding a family of geese out the car window.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow sounds like a memorable first day on your own. boy, you are in for it! ;) please post as often as possible!! love and hugs to you guys.